As a cargo professional, you’ve no doubt developed your own way of doing things. The trouble is, no item is shipped by just one person or even one company. When everyone in the transport chain – ground handlers, freight forwarders and airlines – works from the same guidelines, damage, delays, refusals and fines are significantly reduced.
You’ll find everything you wanted to know about shipping cargo inside the ICHM. And lots of information you didn’t know you needed. Each chapter outlines what happens at each stage of the shipping process.
- Book and plan shipments, pick them up from the shipper
- Receive freight at the forwarder branch and transfer it to the forwarder hub
- Prepare export shipments
- Transfer shipments to and receive shipments from the carrier domain,
- Accept shipments as ready for carriage and prepare for transport
- Send shipments to the flight and distribute information
- Unload and dispatch shipment to warehouse
- Check-in and arrive shipments, transfer shipments to forwarder
- Load truck and produce run sheet, deliver and obtain proof of delivery